This paper presents the course of alder pollination season in Poland in 2020. The measurements were performed in Bydgoszcz, Bialystok, Lublin, Olsztyn, Opole, Piotrkow Trybunalski, Sosnowiec, Szczecin, Warsaw, Wroclaw and Zielona Gora. Volumetric method with the use of Volumetric Spore Trap (Burkard, Lanzoni) was implemented. Pollen season was defined as the period in which 95% of the annual total catch occurred. The alder pollen season in 2020 started about 10–30 days earlier compared to 2017–2019. The pollen season started first in Szczecin, Opole and Zielona Gora (in the second half of January). In the other cities alder pollen season started in first half of February. The highest daily pollen count was recorded in Lublin (1211 P/m3). In other cities the maximum concentrations ranged from 160 P/m3 in Sosnowiec to 465 P/m3 in Piotrkow Trybunalski. The highest alder pollen concentrations were detected in the first decade of March (March 1st–3rd). Only in Zielona Gora, Wroclaw, Opole and Sosnowiec the maximum concentration was recorded in the third decade of February. The annual pollen sum of Alnus in 2020 was even 5–10 times lower than in years 2019.
Utwór dostępny jest na licencji Creative Commons Uznanie autorstwa – Użycie niekomercyjne 4.0 Międzynarodowe.
Copyright: © Medical Education sp. z o.o. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0). License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/), allowing third parties to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format and to remix, transform, and build upon the material, provided the original work is properly cited and states its license.
Address reprint requests to: Medical Education, Marcin Kuźma (email@example.com)
2. Heinzerling LM, Burbach GJ, Edenharter G et al. GA(2)LEN skin test study I: GA(2)LEN harmonization of skin prick testing: Novel sensitization patterns for inhalant allergens in Europe. Allergy. 2009; 64(10): 1498-506.
3. Rapiejko P, Lipiec A, Wojdas A et al. Threshold pollen concentration necessary to evoke allergic symptoms. Int Rev Allergol Clin. 2004; 10(3): 91-4.
4. Rapiejko P. Alergeny pyłku roślin. Medical Education, Warszawa 2008.
5. González-Parrado Z, Fuertes-Rodríguez CR, Vega-Maray AM et al. Chilling and heat requirements for the prediction of the beginning of the pollen season of Alnus glutinosa (L.) Gaertner in Ponferrada (León, Spain). Aerobiologia. 2006; 22(1): 47-53.
6. Malkiewicz M, Puc M, Stacewicz A et al. Alder pollen season in selected cities of Poland in 2019. Alergoprofil. 2019; 15(1): 22-6.
7. Piotrowska-Weryszko K, Rapiejko P, Weryszko-Chmielewska E et al. Alnus pollen season in selected cities of Poland in 2017. Alergoprofil. 2017; 13(2): 81-4.
8. Puc M, Lipiec A, Kotrych D et al. Alder pollen season in northern Poland in 2017. Alergoprofil. 2017; 13(2): 77-80.
9. Rapiejko P, Puc M, Malkiewicz M et al. Alnus pollen season in Poland in 2018. Alergoprofil. 2018; 14(1): 27-31.