Main Article Content
The article describes possibilities and indications for surgical correction of iris defects using artificial implants and their combinations with suture techniques in five cases from the author's own material. All patients gave informed consent for medical procedures. Using partial or total implants of the iris, including artificial iris, we can correct almost all iris losses and imperfections. Iris implants should be considered if simple suture of the iris is insufficient in obtaining the intended effect. This article presents five cases of surgical iris reconstrucion both in congential and acquired iridial defects.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Copyright: © Medical Education sp. z o.o. License allowing third parties to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format and to remix, transform, and build upon the material, provided the original work is properly cited and states its license.
Address reprint requests to: Medical Education, Marcin Kuźma (email@example.com)
2. Cywiński A. Chirurgia plastyczna tęczówki. Część 1. Chirurgia bez użycia implantów tęczówkowych. OphthaTherapy. 2019; 4(24): 265-71.
3. Cywiński A. Ferda-Lewińska D. Chirurgia plastyczna wrodzonego ubytku tęczówki modo Cywiński. OphthaTherapy. 2018; 5(1): 46-51.
4. Miller KM. Prosthetic Iris Devices: Indications, Availability, Preoperative Planning, Clinical Examples, and Implantation Tips. AAO Clinical Education 2007.
5. Lin SR, Miller KM. Lessons Learned from Implantation of Morcher 50D and 96S Artificial Iris Diaphragms. Case Rep Ophthalmol. 2017; 8(3): 527-34.
6. Pozdeyeva NA. Pashtayev NP, Lukin VP et al. Artificial iris-lens diaphragm in reconstructive surgery for aniridia and aphakia. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2005; 31(9): 1750-9.
7. Mayer CS. Laubichler AE, Khoramnia R et al. Challenges and Complication Management in Novel Artificial IrisImplantation. J Ophthalmolol. 2018; 2018: 3262068.