Main Article Content
Phacoemulsification is a common surgical procedure performed in every ophthalmology department. Good postoperative visual acuity is the result of many pre-, intra and postoperative components, including correct morphometric measurement of the eyeball and calculation of the artificial lens power using an appropriate calculation formula. The ophthalmologist should have extensive knowledge of the potential impact of surgical technique modifications on the postoperative visual acuity, as performing additional intraoperative manipulations may be associated with unexpected postoperative ametropia and need to correct the refractive value of the implanted intraocular lens.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Copyright: © Medical Education sp. z o.o. License allowing third parties to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format and to remix, transform, and build upon the material, provided the original work is properly cited and states its license.
Address reprint requests to: Medical Education, Marcin Kuźma (email@example.com)
2. Hoffer KJ. The Hoffer Q formula: a comparison of theoretic and regression formulas. J Cataract Refract Surg. 1993; 19(6): 700-12.
3. Sanders DR, Retzlaff JA, Kraff MC et al. Comparison of the SRK/T formula and other theoretical and regression formulas. J Cataract Refract Surg. 1990; 16(3): 341-6.
4. Melles RB, Holladay JT, Chang WJ. Accuracy of Intraocular Lens Calculation Formulas. Ophthalmology. 2018; 125(2): 169-78.
5. Kane JX, Van Heerden A, Atik A et al. Intraocular lens power formula accuracy: Comparison of 7 formulas. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2016; 42(10): 1490-500.
6. Li PP, Huang YM, Cai Q et al. Effects of steep-axis incision on corneal curvature in one-handed phacoemulsification. Int J Ophthalmol. 2019; 12(8): 1277-82.
7. Chen C, Zhu M, Sun Y et al. Bimanual microincision versus standard coaxial small-incision cataract surgery: meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2015; 25(2): 119-27.